About the Cloud Awards and SaaS Awards
The Cloud Awards were founded in 2011 by a group of technical engineers, business leaders and marketers. The Cloud Awards continues to be the de facto recognition platform for excellence and innovation in the sphere of Cloud Computing. In 2016, the Cloud Awards was augmented with the SaaS Awards recognition platform to more fully represent the breadth of cloud services available as software solutions.
How to enter
Please observe the deadline of the awards platform you wish to enter. The SaaS Awards deadline is towards the end of May and the Cloud Awards deadline is towards the end of October. If you have missed the SaaS Awards deadline you will still be eligible to enter the Cloud Awards, since it contains two broad SaaS categories.
- Look at the categories on the awards page and decide which category, or categories, you wish to enter.
- Download the application forms and complete the entry template/s offline. If you are making a joint application with another organisation or client, you must ensure it is signed off before submitting it.
- Complete your details on the “Submit Now” page. You will then be prompted to pay the appropriate fee of 395USD for one awards application, or 595USD if you wish to enter two or more categories(if you choose the second option, there is no limit to the number of awards you may enter).
- Submit your completed forms along with the submission fee reference that has been emailed to you.You may submit application/s for either the SaaS or Cloud Awards at any time by email to [enter][at][cloud-awards][dot][com], but you must pay the appropriate entry fee to be considered. For convenience, it is best to submit your completed forms along with the submission fee reference that has been emailed to you.
Please note that the SaaS Awards and Cloud Awards are two separate awards programs: if you wish to enter both, you must process two separate fees. Similarly, if you are submitting on behalf of multiple organizations you must process each separately.
When is the entry deadline for the Cloud Awards?
For the Cloud Computing Awards, the entry deadline is always the penultimate Friday in October. You will be notified if there is a deadline extension. Entries will be accepted until midnight in your local time zone. Please take note of any deadline extensions, if applicable, as displayed on the website.
When is the entry deadline for the SaaS Awards?
For the SaaS Awards, the entry deadline is always the penultimate Friday in May. You will be notified if there is a deadline extension. Entries will be accepted until midnight in your local time zone. Please take note of any deadline extensions, if applicable, as displayed on the website.
My SaaS solution is not cloud-based. Can I still enter?
Only cloud-based solutions may enter the Cloud Awards. However, any SaaS solution is eligible for submission to the SaaS Awards, whether you define it as cloud-based or otherwise. That includes single-tenanted solutions, private cloud leverage, and off-premise or on-premise solutions.
What is the eligibility period for entries?
Some extra credit may be given to any innovation in a product or service offering during the past 18 months (prior to the program closing date). It is also important to reference any recent updates or improvements to existing offerings. Please note that entrants are not required to have developed an entirely new product/service in the last 18 months to enter – any existing product or service offering is eligible.
Can I amend my entry?
You may email across any modified applications up until the deadline. Please note also that entries will not be considered as submitted until you have proceeded to the payment stage and the funds have cleared.
What is your policy on Commercial Confidence?
All provided information will only be viewed by the judging panel, and will be treated in the strictest confidence. It is advisable to complete the application/s as completely as possible.
When will the judging take place?
Cloud Awards judging will take place in November and early December of the awards year. SaaS Awards judging will take place during June of the awards year. All entrants will be contacted as soon as possible after the judging process has finished to update them on the status of their entry.
When and where are the Awards Ceremonies?
Due to the global nature of both the Cloud Awards and SaaS Awards, we have deemed it impractical to have an awards ceremony in any one location. Winners will be notified by email and in the press.
For both the Cloud Computing Awards and SaaS Awards, winners and runners-up will each be provided with a winners’ pack, containing:
- Awards logo to display on website and marketing materials
- Template press release
- Guidelines for releasing news to the media