The Judging Process
The judging process is in four stages: initial assessment, release of the shortlist, release of the finalists, and the release of the final winners. See the “about” page for a list of FAQs on the Cloud Awards program. You may also see a complete breakdown of rules and costs here.
Judging is primarily based on the quality of the awards application, and no other materials need be supplied. Entrants are encouraged to write to the word count given for each question, to ensure sufficient evidence is given.
- Your awards application is the most important metric in our assessment of your submission to either the SaaS Awards or Cloud Awards programs.
- Supplementary materials such as presentations and extra data are also permissible, and you may share these at the point at which you upload your submissions form. If you exercise restraint in the volume of additional materials supplied, they will be more likely to be scrutinized.
- Testimonials and case studies, whether illustrated on the submissions form or provided separately, can often be the deciding factor in a category — beyond your own assurances of excellence and innovation, having confirmation from your customers can be very persuasive.
- Third-party or supplementary metrics such as net promoter scores and online reviews may also be used in some category assessments at the judges’ discretion.
- Links to videos of your solution in action may also be used by the judges to help them make an informed decision, particularly in UX/UI categories.
All awards submissions are treated in the strictest commercial confidence by the judging team.
The Judging Panel
The Cloud Computing Awards program and the Software-as-a-Service Awards program aim to take a holistic approach in awards assessment, both geographically and in the measurement of success. The judges below head up an ever-growing global team who assist in the judging process, and represent a mix of technical, business, academic and marketing expertise. The Cloud Awards and SaaS Awards are the foremost recognition systems in the industry: if you would like to join the judging team, please contact us; we are seeking to increase our global representation.